Thursday, December 01, 2005

Origins...



I guess you could say my origin is shrouded in myth, behind a facade of enigma, wrapped in mystery...or you might say I need to take a look at getting another PR guy. Whatever.
Here's one version of an origin story:
Far, far away, in a distant solar system lay the planet, MELVA!
Melva was inhibited by a civilization of real smart alecks, who were always trying to one-up each other in the brains department. One of them was a scientist who predicted that the planet was about to explode. Nobody really paid him any attention, because they were too busy trying to prove that the planet wasn't about to explode.
Undaunted and pretty darn cocksure of himself, the scientist built a little baby spaceship and promptly put his little baby inside, blasting him off to another planet in another solar system, that he hoped might sustain life.
Boy was his face red. It seems that he had miscalculated and the planet wasn't about to explode. They did, however, get an above average amount of rain that week.
I'm not really sure what happened to the kid, but I was thinking that it would make a really cool origin story. I'm negotiating the rights with Paul Garner...I'll get back to you on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home